Partner Experience (PX) ManagerBACK TO LIST OF
By developing deeper connections between communities and the food systems within them, we’re powering the revival of local, sustainable food in New England and New York. Our business has two sides: On one hand we lend to qualified food and farm businesses across the food value chain...and on the other, we offer deposit accounts for anyone who[loves/eats/grows/cooks] local food. The word “mutual” in our name means cooperative; we’re owned by our community, and legally accountable to our long-term commitments. At our core, we’re bridge builders – using banking to connect our partners (what we call the people and businesses who bank with us) to our mission and the greater sustainable food and agriculture ecosystem.
We’re searching for a PX Manager to define and build our partner experience from the ground up. We want to differentiate ourselves from other banks by the ridiculous lengths we’ll go to serve our partners, and we need a leader to grow our capacity to blow people away with hospitality and competence. You’ll thrive in this role if you’re entrepreneurial by nature, love bringing a brand to life through experience design, and can create structure and order on a blank canvas. You’ll develop the necessary processes and tools to service our partners, both in-person and digitally. At first, you’ll service them directly – before eventually building out a Partner Experience organization. Friends of the right candidate would likely call them “driven, curious, and really organized”. The role is based in our office (and retail location) in Concord, New Hampshire.
- Develop the programs, processes, and tools necessary to reactively support our partners’ inbound inquiries day-to-day from scratch – and operationalize them at scale –across channels (in-person, chat, email, website, and social media
- Develop (and continuously improve) a strategy to offer proactive support to partners, anticipating points of friction before they occur, or before a complaint emerges.
- Build the training and support resources that enable partners to self-service – including FAQs, “How To” guides, and support articles.
- Monitor response times and resolutions to partner inquiries, and deliver service level and performance reporting to your management chain.
- Operate independently, taking responsibility to ensure resolutions are addressed and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Create a strategic plan for Partner Experience that assesses staffing and resource needs, recruitment and training requirements, and performance criteria.
- Keep up to date with our products, services, and regulatory requirements. Support for partner marketing – including campaigns, events, product launches, and partner engagement efforts (ex. surveys).
- Support finance and operations – including reconciliations, research, maintenance, monitoring, testing, and processing transactions.
- Complete required compliance-related bank training (and other related activities).
- Experience building or managing customer experience/support operations at banks, financial services firms, or technology/e-commerce businesses.
- Entrepreneurial drive to move quickly from nothing to something, test, and iterate repeatedly.
- Motivation and drive to thanklessly do ridiculous things to deliver surprisingly good experiences for our partners.
- Comfort with the ups and downs of a service environment, especially at a startup.
- Curiosity to understand and contribute to Walden Mutual’s mission and strategic objectives.
- Comfort working with social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.).
- Strong communication with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform work accurately and within assigned deadlines - capturing metrics to assist leadership in continuous improvement efforts.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; willingness to work on new endeavors and cross-functionally.
- An understanding of banking products, services, and systems, as well as regulatory compliance requirements.
- Experience developing and documenting procedures or continuous improvement.
- Experience managing staff and resources.
- Familiarity with sustainable operations, food, or agriculture operations.
- Health insurance coverage with dental and vision
- Unlimited PTO
- Allocated time for volunteering
- “Quiet” Fridays
- Monthly team dinners
- Sabbatical program at 6 years
- Life and disability insurances
- Parental leave policy
- 11 paid holidays
- Walden-branded swag!
You’ll be contributing to a mission-driven startup committed to sustainable food and agriculture throughout the business communities in New England and New York. We’re building a diverse team that shares our passion. If you are inspired by ambitious missions and working hard to support borrowers and depositors, we’d love to meet you!